- What kind of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect may include your name, date of birth, addresses, email address, telephone numbers, gender, ethnicity, iwi affiliation, qualifications, employment interest, training and candidate assessment information, and information on your use of our services or facilities and any other information provided by you in connection with, or specifically related to your communications with us or, your use of our services or facilities.
- Collecting your information
We may collect personal information about you as set out below:
- We may collect personal information about you when you or someone acting on your behalf provides information to us directly. For example when you:
- submit information in the CBD Hub website
- correspond with us, whether in person, by letter, phone, text, email, instant messages or other means of electronic communication
- complete and submit forms we provide, including signing up for and using our online services and apps.
- use any of our services or facilities
- subscribe to any of our newsletter or update services
- follow or post comments in response to our social media or other facilities such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- We may keep a record of any information that you acquire from us.
- We may monitor and record phone calls made to or by us for quality control or staff training purposes. If a call you make to us, or that we may make to you, is to be monitored and recorded, you will be informed of this at the time of the call.
- We may collect personal information about you from other organisations, entities or persons, where you have expressly authorised them to provide us with information.
- Our internet service providers may also make a record of your visit and log information for statistical purposes. This information is only analysed on a bulk basis for broad demographic content. Individual use is not analysed. We do not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities unless they choose to give us personal information while using our website.
- Using your information
The personal information that we collect from you or someone acting on your behalf may be used for any of the following purposes:
- To facilitate communication between you and a potential employer or training opportunity through the CBD Hub services.
- To provide you with services or facilities, including those you have requested.
- To positively confirm your identity. This is to avoid inappropriate release or use of your information.
- To respond to correspondence or to provide you with information that you have requested.
- To respond to your requests, enquiries or feedback, or for customer care related activities.
- To provide you with information about our events, news, services or facilities that we consider may be of interest to you.
- To comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- To carry out activities connected with the running of our business or operations such as personnel training, or testing and maintenance of computer and other systems.
- For any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected.
- For general administrative and business purposes.
- Sharing your information
We may disclose personal information about you to:
- Any person engaged by us to provide products or services to you on our behalf, where your personal information is necessary for the provision of those products or services.
- Employers to discuss your ongoing employment and training needs
- Third parties to undertake checks to support employment, regarding security, credit, police checks, education or qualifications
- A third party if we are required to do so under any laws or regulations, or in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations. This may include sharing CCTV footage with the New Zealand Police or other public sector agencies where criminal activity is reported or suspected. The New Zealand Police may also access live feeds from certain CCTV cameras from time to time, for law enforcement, investigation and emergency response purposes.
- Any person you authorise us to disclose your personal information to.
- What if you do not provide us with the personal information requested?
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information about you that we request from you, we may not be able to adequately respond to your correspondence, provide the services or facilities you have requested, or otherwise deal with any requests or enquiries you have submitted.
- Security and accuracy
We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information is:
- protected against loss, damage, misuse and unauthorised access. We restrict access to personal information to those individuals who need access to this information in order to assist us in performing our duties and obligations
- accurate, up to date, complete, relevant, and not misleading.
- How long we hold personal information
We may retain all personal information that we collect (on both our active systems and our archive systems), for as long as administratively necessary, in accordance with our information retention and disposal schedule.
Cookies are small text files on your device. They are made by your web-browser when you visit a website. Every time you go back to that website, your browser will send the cookie file back to our website's server.
Other cookies and authentication tokens may be used to help us tailor services or to deliver information to you that may be more relevant or interesting to you. We may use automated devices and applications to evaluate usage of our website. We use these tools to help us improve our website's performance and user experiences.
If you choose to disable or block cookies, parts of our website may not function as intended, or at all. Cookies can be disabled or blocked through your browser settings.
- Collection of information by others
Our Website contains links to other sites and you should consult the other sites' privacy policies. Their information practices may be different than ours and we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of third party websites and your use of those websites is at your own risk.
- Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may request confirmation of whether or not we hold any personal information about you and you may request a copy of your personal information that we hold by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or otherwise contacting us, at the addresses provided below. Once we have verified your identity we will provide you with such confirmation and access unless one of the grounds for refusal to do so under the Privacy Act applies.
You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by emailing us at email@example.com. If we agree that your personal information is to be corrected we will provide you with an amended record of your personal information if requested.
Your rights of access to and correction of any personal information we hold about you are subject to the procedures set out in the Privacy Act.
- Who you can contact for further information
Our Privacy Officers
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 1, 69 Gaunt St, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010